WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small amounts of information stored in files within your computer's browser. Cookies are accessible and registered by the websites you visit, and by companies that display their ads on websites, so they can recognize the browser. Websites can only access cookies they have stored on your computer.
Use of the site: to help us recognize your browser as that of a previous visitor and to record the preferences you have determined during your previous visit to the Site. For example, we can save your login information so you don't have to log in every time you visit the Site;
Social networks: to check if you are connected to third-party services (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…);
Targeting: to allow us to target (emailing, basic enrichment) in the post-article or in real time the user who browses our Site;
Audience measurement: to track the Site's statistical attendance data (i.e. user usage of the Site and to improve site services) and to help us measure and study the effectiveness of our interactive online content, features, advertisements and other communications.
HOW CAN I TURN COOKIES OFF?
You can set up your Internet browser to disable cookies. Note, however, that if you disable cookies, your username and password will no longer be backed up on any website.
1. Open Firefox
2. Press the "Alt" button
3. In the menu at the top of the page click "Tools" and then "Options"
4. Select the "Privacy" tab
5. In the drop-down menu to the right of "Conservation Rules," click "Use custom settings for history"
6. A little further down, uncheck "Accept cookies"
7. Save your preferences by clicking "OK"
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. In the Tools menu, select "Internet Options"
3. Click on the "Confidentiality" tab
4. Click "Advanced" and uncheck "Accept"
5. Save your preferences by clicking "OK"
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on the tool icon in the menu bar
3. Select "Options"
4. Click on the "Advanced Options" tab
5. In the "Cookie Settings" drop-down menu, select "Block all cookies"
1. Open Safari
2. In the menu bar at the top, click "Safari" and then "Preferences"
3. Select the "Safety" icon
4. Next to "Accept Cookies," check "Never"
5. If you want to see cookies that are already backed up on your computer, click "Show Cookies"